my 11 month old has a fat lip today :(

my 4 year old came up behind her and stood her up, my 11 month old gets super excited when she's standing and starts "hopping". she does this when we pick her up off the ground too, kicks her legs excitedly. but my 4 year old wasn't expecting her to hop and she hopped right out of her grip, falling lip first onto the kitchen chair. she cried about it for a second (the girl is tough as nails) but it bled profusely and instantly swelled. thankfully she didn't lose any teeth, all 8 of them are still intact. but today, she's left with a huge blister-like bump on her lip, there's blood behind it and it's peeling at 2 ends.

is there anything i can do to try and reduce the swelling? i feel bad that the poor girl's first Christmas pictures are going to reveal her huge lip in them LOL. poor thing :( i iced it right after but she doesn't want to sit and let me hold the ice on it. she's constantly on the go...

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 9:50 AM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Aww poor peanut :( You can still ice, any ice is better than no ice at all! At least this year's photos will have a memorable story behind them!! Last year, my DD was 1, and my parents had given her a tricycle for Christmas.. she got on in when we got home and then as she was trying to get off of it she fell and it toppled right on top of her and she got a bloody lip- breaks your heart huh? Silly babies!
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 1:31 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• It's too late now. Ice right away was the best thing.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:55 AM on Dec. 24, 2010