My 7 year old step-daughter is home-sick...

She is visiting us from out of state for Christmas for the very first time since her brother (my baby) was born 2 years ago. They are bonding very quickly but I want to bond with her as much as possible as well, and with her I think I would need to step out of my comfort zone ... Any ideas about what I can do to connect with her or at least help ease her mind for the next 9 days?? I was thinking of taking just the two of us out to Toys 'R' Us or something.... I don't know

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Dec. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• Go take her out to eat and have a girls day with her.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:09 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• All kids love Christmas lights, weither you celebrate it or not. Take a drive and find some nicely lit neighborhoods. Could be something to look forward to every other night or so.
    eyezofblue76

Answer by eyezofblue76 at 10:10 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• If she is home sick, I would let the poor child go home! It is not her fault her parents aren't together, why should she suffer? I can't imagine being 7 years old and away from my mom for that long.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 11:16 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I would let her go home, when she is old enough try again, it must be horrible to have to be somewhere when u want to be with your mom.
    VERONICAS_MOM

Answer by VERONICAS_MOM at 1:29 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Thank you, Veronica's Mom, that is exactly how I feel. TBH I though I would get on here and see 100 vote downs on my respons with things saying that her father has legal rights too but I feel that it should be what she wants and feels comfortable with. When I was 7, I never spent the night away from home.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 6:46 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Your husband sent her back home to her mom right?
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 9:23 PM on Dec. 26, 2010