Public restrooms...

Does anyone else think it's absolutely disgusting to walk into a public restroom where they don't have toilet lids? Yesterday I walked into a nice restroom in an upscale department store and it smelled like pooh.. when you flush a toilet and don't shut the lid little bits of fecal matter and urine fly up in the air like fireworks being set off on the fourth of July!! Hasn't anyone else seen the documentaries!!!?? GROSS!!! Why don't public restrooms have toilet seat lids!!!!??

chocolatluver

Asked by chocolatluver at 10:15 AM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yes I saw the documentaries...what can i do but hike my boys out before I flush & run! LOL
    Tnamari

Answer by Tnamari at 10:26 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• They don't have them because people destroy them and they are hard to clean.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:16 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Idiots break them off so it's cheaper to never have them.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:17 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• oilet seats have actually been determined to be the least infected place in the bathroom because the environment is too dry to support a large bacterial population (7). In accordance with that theory, the underside of the seat has a higher than average microbial population. The place in a restroom with the highest concentration of microbial colonies in restrooms is, surprisingly, the sink, due in part to accumulations of water where these organisms breed freely after landing their aerial journey. While toilets are obviously not sterile environments, they tend to not be as bad as people think because they receive more attention and are cleaned more often. "If an alien came from space and studied the bacterial counts, he probably would conclude he should wash his hands in your toilet and crap in your sink,"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• throwing up  I really hate using public bathrooms I have a serious Phobia I try to avoid them as much as possible :( But its not easy with 2 girls in tow... *sigh*

Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 10:16 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Just like others have said, it's a matter of cost. If people were not vandals and more respectful of the property of others it would not be an issue.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:25 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• JUst useless and hard to clean
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:37 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• If there are those paper toilet seat covers available, I always use one.
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 10:40 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I ask myself the same thing. They should put a lid on them
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 12:20 PM on Dec. 24, 2010