How many of you teach your kids to believe in Santa?

Not the original story but that this magical man comes to everyone's house and brings presents? I let it go. I remember how devastated I was when I found out there was no santa and worse...that my parents lied to me. The parents that told me lies were bad. I teach my kids to value what they have, to give to those who are less fortunate and be thankful for their lives.

JuJubean1979

Asked by JuJubean1979 at 10:22 AM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Holidays

• My oldest never believed, he always seemed to know, and when the younger came along, guess who was so into making him believe, yep the older brother.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:24 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I do because I feel like there is nothing wrong with kids believeing in the magic of Christmas I wasn't devasted when I was a child and found out and neither were my oldest 2 that are now 33 & 30 they just knew it was all part of our Christmas fun and magic.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:24 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I do, and my parents, and their parents did as well. We've never had anyone in our family that was mad at their parents because they "lied" - we understand that Santa is about the magic of Christmas. I LOVE Santa, and the joy he represents. My kids were impressed that we pulled off Santa every year without them knowing.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:24 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• My two year old knows who Santa is...but to her, he's no different than her favorite cartoon characters.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:25 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• well, if having them believe in the magic of Santa is lying, then I lie to my children every year.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:25 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I have always let my kids believe in Santa. My oldest found out that we buy the gifts about a year ago and while we did tell him that we always talked about the magic of Christmas and while we buy the gifts we still need to believe in the magic of Christmas and help others. I believe that you need to do what is best for you and your family and this is what works for mine.

I do not think one way is better than the other just different.

Merry Christmas!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:26 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

GREAT ANSWER
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I do....I was not devastated when I found out....
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 10:26 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• We believe in sprite of Christmas, They know about santa and we leave cookies and all that but when they ask I don't lie, We always try sponser a family every year so they know parents do gifts but we still enjoy the magic of Christmas.
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 10:27 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I agree with you. I went along with DH the first few years. This year I told them that we made it up and that it was supposed to make it more magical. I wanted to tell them before they found out themselves. They are 6 and 7. I wish I had never started it.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:27 AM on Dec. 24, 2010