Am I going to make it?Advice PLEASE!!

Pregnancy only seems real to me when I'm at the doctors office and for some reason once I leave I feel the surreality of it.I know I'm pregnant and am more than excited and anxious but for some reason I can't stop thinking that I won't make it to full-term and have my baby!I'm scared that something will go wrong and ill leave the hospital before or on my due date without a child.For some reason I just can't picture myself with my own child, I'm always admiring everyone else's babies not accepting that soon ill have my very own!!

Sarah0306

Asked by Sarah0306 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I always reassure myself and think "well if she did it so can I."I just feel alone in the way I'm feeling and I'm trying to be positive but these thoughts are bringing me down.Its like I'll see a woman at a grocery store and think aww she's pregnant, somewhat forgeting that I am too.Wtf?Why am I feeling this way and who can help me understand?!?
    Sarah0306

Answer by Sarah0306 at 10:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I felt the same way so much of the time when I was pregnant and there was a part in my pregnancy where I had kept the thought that I was pregnant completely out of my head because I was afraid to get excited over it since 3 months before I had gotten pregnant with my daughter I had a miscarriage. Being pregnant is hard on you mentally and physically but its all worth it in the end. I know a lot of women that feel or felt the same way you do. Trust me it gets better and as long as your baby is healthy dont worry and try to enjoy being pregnant!
    aubreysmommy718

Answer by aubreysmommy718 at 11:02 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I think it's because you may not feel worthy of having a baby. By this, I mean that all the fears you have had of your abilities (as a person) may be coming to the surface right now. I remember with my first pregnancy, I didnt even think about it and kept myself busy because I was so freaked out I was going to be a mother. I mean, ME...a mother? I was just sure it was all wrong and I couldnt do it. Even after she was born, I would joke to my mom that I was waiting for my baby's REAL parents to come get her any minute since I couldnt possibly be doing this. It was funny to her...not to me.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 7:54 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• ...
    Maybe I am wrong and this is not how you feel, but you sound like I did. Especially seeing other women pregnant and forgetting I was, too. For me, it was because I felt like they had it better or would make better moms than me.
    The good news...my daughter is now 8 and we have a wonderful relationship. There are many trials and errors but I am a better person becuase of her. In every way I can think of.
    Now I am pregnant again and guess what? I do not have the same fears. I know I can do it this time because you see....I already have. And I now know what my capabilities are.
    It will be just fine. Just do whatever you must do to get through the pregnancy and keep yourself calm (and even happy if you can imagine it). Your life is about to change and it's going to be an adventure like no other!! I can promise you that :)
    Good luck!
    MammaMia72