Was Obama outmaneuvered by Russians on START?

This Vice Admiral thinks so

U.S. Naval Institute - December 23, 2010

President Barack Obama was outmaneuvered by the Russians and should have abandoned the New START negotiations instead of seeking a political victory, says former nuclear plans monitor Vice Admiral Jerry Miller, USN (Ret).

“The Obama administration is continuing a dated policy in which we cannot even unilaterally reduce our own inventory of weapons and delivery systems without being on parity with the Russians,” Miller told the U.S. Naval Institute in Annapolis, Md. “We could give up plenty of deployed delivery systems and not adversely affect our national security one bit, but New START prohibits such action - so we are now stuck with some outmoded and useless elements in our nuke force.”

article continues on here http://www.usni.org/vice-admiral-obama-was-outmaneuvered-russians-start

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 11:37 AM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Obama has zero military experience so it does not surprise me that Russia "outmaneuvered" him. He's also been outmaneuvered by a Private and lascivious narcissist from Sweden. The man is military dope.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 11:54 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• You would THINK his supporters would have seen this coming!!

Russia's Prime Minister, 57 year old Vladimir Putin, in his free time:

America's President, 49 year old, Barack Obama, in his free time:

LOL! :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:00 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• LoriKeet .... that's funny - but in an embarrassing "yeah, that's our President .... look at that squirrels!!" sort of way.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 12:04 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Almost makes the idea of moving to Russia worth it when you see the photos submitted by LoriKeet.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:09 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I am hearing there is a lot of other things in that treaty too but, I can not prove it yet so I am waiting. One of the things is that it now give The President full authority to sign Treaties without Congressional approval. Like I said, I can not find backup on it so that is just a tidbit for the nutjobs on here to attack. LOL If and when I find more, I will post it.
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 12:46 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Big Time!
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:22 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• The President full authority to sign Treaties without Congressional approval

For some reason I thought that he already has this power.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 2:20 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Well, let me think...............

confused

YES!

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:36 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• People can say whatever they wish about Vladimir Putin. However, there is no denying he is one shrewd, capable, logical, strategist and political practitioner. The man ran the KGB, he was President and when he could no longer be President, he became Prime Minister giving himself even more power/sway. He's one shrewd, shrewd character. 

I can honestly say this. He is not a man **I** would want to have to try and out maneuver in regards to any political/military deal.

LOL>>  LK's pics  

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:08 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Obama is outmaneuvered just trying to get out of a wet paper bag imo. I've seen him flub over and over on every single military/national security issue.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 4:51 PM on Dec. 24, 2010