so my infant has nasty eye boogers in one eye. whats wrong with him?

its really gross.. green and gooy and only in one eye. it usually comes when he just wakes up. why is this?

saraelf

Asked by saraelf at 10:49 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how old he? he probably just has a clogged tear duct. My daughter had it for the 1st few month she was here. it just works its self out! you can clean it with just a cotton ball and warm H2O
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 10:53 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Maybe its pink eye. Is his eye a little red?
    Anonymous

• My son had that and we thought it was pink eye we even took him to Urgent Care and they said it was pink eye. But then we went to the doctors the next day and they told us it was a clogged tear duct . Consult your pediatrician bc it could be either one. A clogged tear duct causes swelling too. So like I said consult you pediatrician.
    DessaG20

Answer by DessaG20 at 11:00 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• he is a week old and his eye isnt pink or anything. he isnt crying or anything like that i dont think it affects him.
    saraelf

Answer by saraelf at 11:04 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• most likely it is the clogged duct but do check with your doc
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 11:16 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Had the same thing with my daughter. She's 2 weeks old. Called the Pedi, and they called in a prescription for an eye drop. No big deal, just clogged tear ducts. Warm rag to wipe away the crusty, and a drop in each eye a few times a day. Good Luck!
    Lillysmomma1024

Answer by Lillysmomma1024 at 11:24 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• doctor just told me to rub the area all the way down to his nose to help unclog to duct. didnt give me any drops.
    saraelf

Answer by saraelf at 3:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2008