I heard that drinking wine wont do anything to the baby is it truth??

jess410

Asked by jess410 at 12:57 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• NO
    Drinking wine is like playing Russian Rulelet
    It can affect your baby then it can not. So why take that chance?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:58 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• some doctors will say that having ONE glass of wine a day won't hurt the baby.  HOWEVER, wine is still alcohol and if you abuse it, that baby can be harmed. 

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:59 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Don't put anything into your body that you wouldn't give to a child,this includes alcohol,ciggarettes,and drugs

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:00 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Wine is alcohol. Alcohol is proven that it can cause birth defects...why take the chance. I am raising a child with Fetal Alcohol issues...it's no picnic.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:01 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Having a small glass of wine during the last trimester won't hurt the baby. I had a glass of wine or two when I was in my 3rd trimester with my daughter. It's excessive amounts that is harmfull to the baby. But a small glass of wine is usually fine.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:02 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• No that is not true. In fact, doctors do NOT know exactly how much or how little alcohol can cause a birth defect in a child. Any doctor would advise you to not drink during your pregnancy. While 1 little glass of wine probably won't do any harm, no one can say for sure...and you'd feel pretty bad if you ended up having a child with a birth defect that you, yourself, could have prevented. Its not worth it.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:04 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• One glass of wine once in while will likely not do any harm. If you cannot drink in extreme moderation, then it is best to not have any at all.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:04 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I also wanted to mention that if you seriously cannot go 9 months without having a drink, even for the sake of your child, then maybe you have a problem.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:06 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• one glass of wine isn't going to do any damage.
    Anonymous

• well im talking about 1 2 glasses a month or maybe 2 not that much often cuz of course its not good for the baby i want my baby to be born healthy
    jess410

Comment by jess410 (original poster) at 1:07 PM on Dec. 24, 2010