What is your viewpoint on abortion?

If you had the money to have an abortion would you do it. I wouldn't do it because of religion reason and personal preference. I also seen how it affect other moms and I wouldn't want to go through that pain myself.

kewi86

Asked by kewi86 at 1:06 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I disagree with abortion except in the cases of incest, rape, or medical reasonings (baby wouldn't sirvive due to defects or mother's life at risk). However it is not my decision to make for others. I feel education is the key to lowering the abortion rate as well as making contraceptive devices more easily available. I am pro-choice.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:08 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I do not believe in abortion nor would I ever get one for any reason. I believe life begins at conception and that the arguement that its the mother's body is BS. The abortion procedure really has nothing to do with the mother's body at all, other than that is how you get to the baby. The abortion is not happening to the mother, it is happening to the life inside her...which should be the main focus and concern. If you can't afford getting pregnant, then don't have sex.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:10 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• money has nothing to do with it - its a matter of morality.
    Anonymous

• Politically: PRO-CHOICE, each woman should get to decide for herself (maybe in conjunction with her family, doctor, etc., but NOT the government)

Personally: Can't think of many scenarios where I would consider one--maybe if my life were definitely in danger if I continued the pregnancy (I wouldn't want to leave my son without a mom). If I knew pregnancy was very high risk for me ahead of time, I'd take precautions to avoid it though.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 1:11 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I would never have an abortion. Plain and simple, no exceptions.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 4:28 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I am 100%, and unapologetically pro-life. No exceptions, no discussion, no debate. And, I'm as entitled to my opinion as anyone else is to their's. I'm not bashing anyone, and I'd appreciate the same courtesy returned. Thanks, and I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 5:02 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I think it should only be done when a woman is raped or medical reasons such as both mother and/or baby will not survive if the pregnancy went full term.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:08 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I would never have one, but it is not for me to decide what is right for others.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:14 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I am pro-choice. I will chose what is good for me (wouldn't have one personally) but I have no right to tell another woman what her choice should be. I have no right to judge others. I haven't walked in their shoes, and since I will likely never be pregnant again, I never will.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:18 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I would have never had one (I can no longer have children, so it's no longer an issue), and I feel as though having an abortion should not be a choice--a woman consideringhaving an abortion ALREADY made many choices in getting pregnant in the first place. IMO she has exercised all of her choices.

Exception....rape, incest, or ectopic (or similar) pregnancy. Even if my child were expected to die soon after birth due to severe birth defect, I would still carry to term and deliver. I would rather cherish the few moments I would have had with my son or daughter and have him/her baptized immediately, rather than to have never met my child.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:30 PM on Dec. 24, 2010