Is this normal?

My baby girl is 10 months old...She can pretty much walk...she never wants to be held or cuddled...I miss that...sometimes I just cry because she just want to play and go all over the house...I just wish she let me cuddle her...I sometimes wait for her to go to sleep so I can cuddle her...Do other mom feel the same way???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes! but don't worry, she'll grow out of that phase. It took my daughter about 5 months but now it seems like all she wants to do is cuddle with me and then jump down to go annoy her brother :) she's 16 months, he's 2 1/2 LOL
    Anonymous

• My oldest starting walking at 10 months too and once he started walking he didnt want cuddled or held anymore either. but now hes 5 and loves me again. he loves to cuddle with me. hes a mommas boy. your daughter is just excersing her new skills! You'll be ok. :)
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 11:03 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• OMG I feel the same way and my baby is 10 months old too. Shes so independent and wants to do everything on her own though. The only time she cuddles with me is when she hurts herself and is upset or not feeling good.
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 11:05 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Your baby has a brand new toy! LEGSS and they can take her places and help her see things that she wasn't able to see before. She figureing out the world! Way to go Mom, you raised her (so far) to be a independent little girl that has the security to know that you will be there when she needs you! This too shall pass, she will want her mommy again, probably sooner than later!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:55 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• My daughter was never a cuddler. For the first 2 months of her life we co-slept, she had colic and it's the only place she would sleep. Then she would only sleep in a swing until she was 4 months old then finally onto her crib. So After all that co-sleeping she won't cuddle with me anymore, Even to this day (she's 18 months old) she's not a cuddler...
    HeatherM0529

Answer by HeatherM0529 at 12:21 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• My son is 10 months and walkin and is busy as ever when hes ready 2 go hes ready 2 go i cant stop him but i do miss those day swhen all he wanted me 2 do was hold him he didnt want me 2 hold him 4 about the 1st week but now sometimes he do when hes sleepy hungry or just want 2 be held which is not much your baby will get over that phase soon so dnt worry
    poobaby

Answer by poobaby at 12:50 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• WOW! I can't tell you how happy I am to read this. I get so sad when I read posts from moms that are tired of holding their babies!

Anyway, YES. They will outgrow this (sadly!) That's why it's so important to take advantage and hold them as much as possible when they are younger. DOn't worry, though, when they're about 1 year or so, they go back to wanting to snuggle a bit more!
    =o)
    ivansmom07

Answer by ivansmom07 at 2:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2008