Anyone know a cure for cold sores?

I have a large one on my lower lip...one I'll never be able to forget will all the christmas pics tomorrow. Anyone know how to make it go down quick?

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 2:01 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Health

• Peroxide may clean it out and help. I don't know about a cure though
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I don't know of a cure but I like Denavir and it's prescription only I would do the perioxde thing and keep doing that every so often it's from stress or at least mine are that's when mine pop out
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 2:06 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Cure? No ... they are caused by a herpes virus which stays with you forever. Garlic oil will help get rid of the unsightly mark.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 2:18 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I heard spraying hairspray on your finger and dabbing on the coldsore will make it go away but idk how fast. but it worked for me.
    8firsttimemom8

Answer by 8firsttimemom8 at 2:41 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• The only thing I've found that actually works is Abreva.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:45 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• L-Lysine is a vitamin for immune health, it works really good for me. I used to get cold sores every time I would get a fever, or just chapped lips, Abreva does work really good. Plus it helps to always keep your lips moisturized. But if you are pregnant be sure to talk to your Dr.
    moduinne

Answer by moduinne at 3:27 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• There is no cure. Try hydrogen peroxide. Do not pick it, it will spread. Valtrex at the FIRST sign of a cold sore works too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:20 PM on Dec. 25, 2010