What's the easiest way to keep a 6 month old asleep during nap time with out holding her?

I have a 7 year old son & 4 year old daughter and now am helping raise my 6 month old neice ( have been since she was 2 months but took a month to recoop from a surgery). She seems to only sleep when I am holding her and though I love that I can't always do it! She just craves so much attention, guessing she's not getting it at home....

hairjewel

Asked by hairjewel at 2:45 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• Wear her.
    Anonymous

• wear her in a Moby wrap
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:23 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I wish I had the answer...
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:51 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I wrap my son up tight and let him sleep. For some reason he sleeps so much better like that even though he is 10 months old.
    CalebsMommy0220

Answer by CalebsMommy0220 at 11:34 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I used to wrap my grandaughter up tight in a receiving blanket and lay her down in odd positions like she might be in in the womb. I would put her butt first inside the ring of a boppy. She looked all scrunched up, but she slept like a charm! I would put her over a fluffy pillow with her head hanging down and the top of her head on the mattress. All kinds of weird positions and she slept!
    LivinWell11

Answer by LivinWell11 at 9:49 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• My dd had the same problem and the only way we could break it was to let her cry for a few minutes so that she would sleep. In her case it was that she was in the hospital and all the nurses held her while she slept so that was the only way she knew. I don't know if it is the same problem with your niece or not. Good luck!
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:20 AM on Dec. 30, 2010