Living together or marriage?

Would it bother you if your kids had live in relationships without being married? Would you let your child's bf/gf sleep overnight at your house?

MommaKath1975

Asked by MommaKath1975 at 2:50 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• as long as i approved of the girl and the relationship was serious i would let the girl stay the night with one of my sons so long as they were both over 16...i would not let either of my sons move out before 18 because i am legally responsible for them until then. once they're 18, i would prefer that they live with their gf for atleast a yr before even considering marriage.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 8:58 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• As long as they are graduated, 18 and out of the house on their own I could careless if they had a live in partner. They wont be having on if they are under 18 thats for sure
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:16 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I would not allow my teen's BF or GF to spend the night. As far as after they move out I guess I would say that I would want them to move in with someone that they felt serious about. Someone that could be "the one" in the long run. I wouldn't want them to just move in with a BF or GF for the sake of being able to do so, if that makes sense. I don't know that I would feel comfortable with them getting hitched as soon as they left my home either though. So much to learn and room to grow still.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 3:06 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I believe it is very wrong to let BF sleep with my daughter in our home, shows no respect for me as a parent for her as a young women. Living together is a wast of time,it's hard to find the right one when with Mr wrong!
    I have a friend right now that wants to get married, but live-in BF does not he never will. I want her to meet a nice guy but how do you do that when are living with someone?

Men want sex, women want a ring. Get the ring first!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 3:46 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• You have this posted in teens so I would say at 13 no way at 17 depends on the circumstance.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 2:58 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• As far as teens go - neither. When they reach adulthood I would prefer marriage.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:00 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• since my kids are older, it wouldn't bother them in the least. I don't think i will get married., having a s/o would be wonderful
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 3:06 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• i am in agreeance with u brier.
    Mommytobeof4

Answer by Mommytobeof4 at 3:13 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• At 13 to 16? NEITHER. A long as DD lives with me, she will not be having her BF sleep over/live/extended stay with us...
    This is how TEEN PREGNANCY starts...
    But later in life, I dont care... My SO and I have lived together 3 years, been together over 4 1/2, and dont plan to get married any time soon. I dont need a piece of paper telling me I will be with him forever.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:39 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• If they are over 18 I have no issues about them being single & living with someone and if they and their s/o came to visit I wouldn't mind them sleeping here even if they weren't married. As long as they are consenting adults I have no say over what they do and I certainly wouldn't alienate them by not allowing them to stay here together.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 3:42 PM on Dec. 24, 2010