TTC a boy or girl???

I have read everything about TTC a boy or girl. Has anyone tried any of the methods like the Shettles Method and it actually worked for you?

Karkie22

Asked by Karkie22 at 2:52 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• We used Shettle's to get a boy the first time and a girl the second and that is exactly what we got. Have no idea if it was the method or just luck, but the way I look at it is that the Shettle's method can't HURT your chances of conceiving what you want so why not give it a try. If you are having issues conceiving in general then it might not be a good idea, but other then that no issues. Oh and momofone needs to reeducate herself. They CANNOT give you a boy or girl with invitro yet. There has been lots of research that says male sperm swim faster and die faster and female sperm swim slower and live longer and that is what Shettle's is based on. You time sex based on which gender you want and up the chances of more male or female sperm being there to fertilize the egg. It is based in science, but in no way is it a guarantee.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:18 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I haven't tried, but both of my kids were conceived 2 days before ovulation, and we've got a boy and a girl.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:53 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I tried 1 method I heard about and it worked for me! I read somewhere that male sperm swim faster than female sperm, but female sperm live longer than male sperm. So when a woman orgasms, so produces a substance inside her body. That substance helps the male sperm live longer to get to the egg faster. But, if a woman does not orgasm, the male sperm die faster, so the female sperm can live longer and swim to get to the egg. So, i just told my DH not to worry about getting me off when we were TTC. That's how bad I wanted another girl and it worked! Good luck!
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 2:57 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• ab it didn't work...it was luck, it's all a game of chance. the only way to actually pic the gender of your child is in vitro fertilization
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:03 PM on Dec. 24, 2010