The whole Santa thing is very selfless of parents if you think about it...

My parents would buy us all of these wonderful gifts and get no credit for most of them, lol. But...that didn't matter to them. All the thanks they needed was seeing us happy.

Just something I never really thought about before. :)

Anyone agree?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 2:53 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Holidays

• I think that does make parents selfless it is no different to me then giving to someone anonymous. I think most kids know that their parents love them and if they don't they have selfish parents. I so agree with you.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 3:05 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• That's actually a really beautiful sentiment. It's nice to hear that POV right now with most people talking about how stupid it is for parents to "push" Santa on their kids.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:05 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Yes I agree...a magical made up man gets all the credit, but I don't care, the looks on my babies faces is way more important, and thanks enough!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 3:32 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• We always had gifts from Santa and from us too.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 3:26 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Yeah
    My mom deff over did it with me. I stopped believing when I was 4, long story short, our house was broken into while we were home, guy got pistle whipped by my uncle, and I was expecting the same treatment for "santa" lol So I was no longer able to play along cause he was an intruder in my eyes. LOL

But my mom still acted like I believed in him, I had many crying fits about how she was a lier...LOL But she did try for many years to make me believe, and put many, many gifts under the tree from Santa.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:57 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I love it. I just say they are all from Santa because they lose track of who got them what after awhile.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:59 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Great thinking!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:21 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• My dd is only going to get 1 present from santa each year because I'm afraid that if she gets used to getting a lot of them from santa and i cant afford it one year then she will think she was bad. Of course santas present is the best present. Last year it was a rocking horse and this year its going to be a disney princess kitchen
    Rockabye

Answer by Rockabye at 3:24 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I completely agree but we do get rewarded just to see those happy faces on Christmas morning!!
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 3:43 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• i agree :) shows how strong a parents love is ..
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 3:45 PM on Dec. 24, 2010