Need info links about multivariate linear regression

For the obligations in a current grant that my job is funded, we are doing a sample study about loan defaults. I have a part to find out about multivariate linear regression. I remember learning about linear regression in college statistics, and use regression in the data analysis in Excel, but I need to break down multivariate linear regression into simple and user-friendly instructions (like how to make a ham sandwich instructions).

Reason for multivariate linear regression is because of all the variables that can cause a person to fall into loan default, (i.e. education, family backing, employment, etc.).

What links and info for multivariate linear regression can you give a fairly newbie?

Thanks

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 2:56 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Money & Work