my first time giving cereal to my baby...please help!!!!

okay...am she is 3months going for 4months in a week....how do u prepared the cereal i know it tell you in the box, but does anybody put gerber juice instead of formula???after she eats cereal when can i start with the first food????the little gerbers????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son is 11 months old and i started him on cereal when he was 4 month but i didn't put juice in the cereal instead i used formula. i gave him the cereal for about a week before i started him on the gerber stag one and i gave him the fruit first for lunch and for dinner i gave him the vegs.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 11:27 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• thanks!!!!!so do you think i shouldn't put juice????
    Anonymous

• your welcome but it's up to you if you want to use the juice. i would try the juice first and see how your daughter likes it and if not then put the formula instead. good luck.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 11:31 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• to try the juice???am i just give it to her in the bottle..will my baby get constipated???
    Anonymous

• I started mixing cereal with breast milk to get a thicker milk, and worked my way up to something more like a solid paste. Now I just mix it with water. I wouldn't use juice, personally.

My pediatrician says 1 cereal, 1 fruit, and 1 vegetable before 6 months; that's the age when it's normally recommended to start feeding baby a variety of foods. For the best advice, I'd ask your baby's pediatrician at her 4 month checkup.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 11:51 PM on Nov. 9, 2008