How do I keep my house clean???

I have a small 1 br apartment right now and there is me my dd and my bf living here. I was living in a 2br apartment with just me and dd that had a lot more room and my house was rarely messy but I had to move for money reasons and now I cant keep it clean and its driving me nuts and making me depressed. I can clean every day but its always a mess

Rockabye

Asked by Rockabye at 3:45 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Less room more clutter and less places to store things.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:48 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Storage is your friend - get a coffee table that has built in storage, cubes that can be storage, seating or small side tables, etc. Also, check out http://www.flylady.net/ for exta ideas.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:49 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• clean as you go! whenever you put something out of place put it back when your done
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 3:52 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I dont even have enough room for a coffee table lol me and bf are sleeping on the living room floor so dd can have a bedroom we are wanting to move soon and we think that we can afford it if the will combine all of his debts together instead of him paying off 3 diff places but I hate this place so much I just want to burn it to the ground lol and if I cant manage to keep it clean until we do move I am going to lose it. I do clean as I go most of the time but sometimes when I'm rushing around like for this past month its hard. DD and bf are an entirely different story though.
    Rockabye

Comment by Rockabye (original poster) at 4:20 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Do a thorough sorting of your stuff - anything outgrown or that hasn't been used in a year, donate it or sell it on ebay. Of what's left, divide it into what you absolutely need and what you can live without until you move. Pack up what you don't need and see if a friend or family member will let you store it with them until you move. With luck, you can sort out enough stuff to ebay that it offsets the expenses you need to get past to move.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:55 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Have a yard sale to get rid of the stuff you honestly don't utilize.
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 7:38 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Underbed storage, a simple closet organizer (with lots of shelves and hanging space) or freestanding portable closets (that you can ip closed) can work wonders in small spaces and help keep your space looking neat/less cluttered.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:42 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• You really have to find a system that works for you. My husband always puts every thing back in its place. Try that first then move on what to get rid of and what to keep.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:51 PM on Dec. 26, 2010