• In the Spotlight:

ear piercings!!!!

okay my baby is getting her ear pierce do i give her tylenol half hour before????i want her to have less pain...how...i want her to have her ear pierce

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• excellent way to significantly reduce the pain...don't pierce your infant's ears

Anonymous

• that's why i clearly said,"I want her to have her ear pierce."so noone will say dont pierce them...but thanks anyways
    Anonymous

• Both of my dd got their ears pierced at 3 months. Mainly b/c that's the earliest they would do it,. BOTH had stopped crying by the time I paid. My youngest stopped when we flipped up the mirror (seconds). I was able to leave the earrings in for a year or more and their holes have never closed. They are 7 & 8 now. My dh tried to use the "let them choose" argument. I said w/o the holes ther was no choice. With them their was. They can wear earrings or not. Their CHOICE. AND to the naysayers, they have NO MEMORY of the pain and get to choose to wear earrings when we go out. by the by mine were done when I was 3 months.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:28 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I had my ears pierced at 6 days old. I don't know how I dealt. My husband won't allow me to have our daughter's ears pierced. But I've heard between a half hour to an hour.
    Lillysmomma1024

Answer by Lillysmomma1024 at 11:28 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• thank you!!
    Anonymous

• sorry! (what i get for being b*%#hy! :) I didn't answer your Q. I did not give my girls tylenol. and like I said they were over it in to time. There was no lingering pain (at least they were not fussy) and I kept the area clean religiously!!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:31 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• lol....thanks
    Anonymous

• I did. she only cried for half a second because she was being held down
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 11:34 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• lolz no you dont have to they gonna cry for like a sec only and be done with it. tyenol is for like shots ans stuff cuz some chemicals or the swellin pains can cause them to have fever. I dont think its a good idea to give baby the med in this case cuz really they dont need it
    mommiediap

Answer by mommiediap at 12:00 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• i got my daughters done at 3 months...thats the earliest they would do it here too..i didnt give my daughter any tylenol..but i know some moms that have..and yes it was given about 30-45 minutes before they got them pierced..my daughter only cried for about 10 seconds...and thats just cuz there was myself, my mom and the ear piercer lady all around in my daughters face and we were holding her still...she didnt cry at all for the pain..its to quick for them to know whats goin on..gooood luuuuck!!! i love it when lil girls have their ears pierced its soooo frickin cute!!! as for the lady that said her husband wouldnt let her get their daughters ears done..thats ridiculous!! lol..if my husband said no to me, i woulda done it anyways!! lol..looks to cute not to!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Nov. 10, 2008