EMERGENCY- Santa

My 6 yr old has decided to have accidents. When asked whats going on she says she doesnt want to stop playing. Well I am trying to figure out one how to get her to stop and two how do I deal with santa so close to christmas. I dont know what to do anymore I have tried so much to get her to stop and I dont know if santa is a good thing since she will be playing.

Sim01lay

Asked by Sim01lay at 4:08 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I do not understand your question. 'Accidents' at that age may be just what she says and she is too busy or she could be constipated or have a UTI. Take her to the doc to be sure. Don't cancel santa over that. I think this is what you were asking.
    Anonymous

• Don't punish her for these accidents. You need to take the responsibility to do a "do you need to potty/poop" break when she is doing other things.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:03 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I agree with the first 2 posts. Take potty breaks every 45 min. or so. accidents do happen especially to a 6 y.o. don't punish her and I would never use santa as a punishment for someone so young. You give her breaks for snack and meals do the same with bathroom needs. Once she realizes she can resume playing you will find the accidents decrease
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 9:42 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• When mine would start having extra accidents because she was "too busy" to use the toilet I started making her go sit on the toilet ever 15 minutes. She quickly found that she was missing far more play time that way. I only had to do it 3 times over a couple of months, and we haven't had that problem since.
    cedailey

Answer by cedailey at 11:45 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Make her stop playing every hour to make sure she has no "accidents." I don't see how Santa is an issue. She might pee on him. It happens. Take her to the potty before the visit.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:42 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Yeah I don't really get your question. What does Santa have to do with it? Are you saying you think you should not get her gifts so she is not going ot be playing with toys?
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:53 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I'm also not understanding your question. Please advise.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 10:34 PM on Dec. 27, 2010