My hubby doesn't stick up for me or dd's when his family is being mean to us...What is the right thing to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Stand up to yourself and point out to hubby how they are being mean, and him not defending you makes him a jerk!

Answer by older at 4:32 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Stand up for yourself seriously and do not take it mine wa like that when I started talking to his family and standing up for myself it stopped. My family is mean also so I stood up to them first. If you stand up to them you will feel better and it will be better for you! GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:40 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• If u haven't already tell him he needs to. If he still doesn't do it, tell him u refuse to go to his family's gatherings
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 4:52 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Stand up for yourself. It's not your husband's job to stand up for you. Though I understand wanting him to. However, if he's not going to back you then that should be even more incentive to back yourself.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:57 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• TELL HIM HOW YOU FEEL. if he doesnt change, tell him you will not be around them anymore
    mizekman

Answer by mizekman at 6:45 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Stand up for yourself!! Do you let your side of the family get away with that crap? Do you stand up for him? Remember, you married into that family, so they are now your family too ... don't let them get away with it. Time to tell your husband to stop being an ass and defend the woman he is supposed to love.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:24 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• If they come to your house, leave and take dd w/ you. Don't go to their house and don't let dd go. If they can't respect ya'll and he won't insist, they are not worth your time.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:41 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Good answer by older. And if that doesn't work, stay away from them!
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:12 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• He should be on your side, and if he wont be, I'd stand up for myself and my child.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 4:29 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Been there done that move on...The ex and his family out my system after 5 years wow....proud of myself
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 1:39 AM on Dec. 26, 2010