How much did you spend on your kids for the holidays? And how many kids do you have?

I just tallied everything up. We have 2 boys (3 & 4) and 2 holidays to buy for... In total we spend about $75, which was more than we had planned...

So I was just wondering how everyone else did...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 4:30 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Holidays

• For Diwali this year. We spent over a thousand dollars on our son. Of course, that included: a ski trip with friends during Thanksgiving break from school, items he needed for his apartment (small studio) and other personal gifts.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:33 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• We have 5 kids and we spent about 300 on them all.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:36 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• We have a 3 year old son. We spent $55 on 2 toys for him. We were gonna get him more but our last check had to go to fixing our van.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 4:37 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• We spent about $125 on each of our two daughters this year.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:39 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Between 4 kids, 1 DIL, 2 sets of parents, 6 nephews and nieces,4 siblings and the family we adopted for Christmas and Operation Homefront it is around &1600 this year. Just barely less than half went to help others..so I'm okay with that.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:41 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• For Christmas we spent more than we ever have before. Last year we spent $200 on the three boys. $100 on the oldest(10), $60 on the 3 year old and $40 on the baby(1).

But this year my husband got a big raise and we spent more. I would say about $500 for the three of them. But this year we bought them each a hand held video game. Which totally blew our budget this year.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:41 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• We have one son who is 20 months old. I'm thinking we spent about $100. That was for a Yo Gabba Gabba megabloks set, Yo Gabba Gabba blanket, some balls, a few books, stocking stuffers (play-dough, stickers, socks, candy, toy cars, board book) and a few outfits. i think we did pretty good. We set our limit this year at $50 for me $50 for hubby and $50 for baby-boy. It turned out $100 for me $100 for hubby and $100 for baby-boy. Oh well, we tried! :)
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 4:43 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• $100.00 on each..2 daughter's
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 4:50 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• $100 each, three of them. :)
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 4:58 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I have 4 kids, we spent more on my girls this year because they're older and basically the stuff they wanted is more expensive. We spent about $150 on each girl, the boys are 2 and would be happy with the most simple toy in the store and we spent about $100 on each of them and because their stuff is less expensive they have more stuff to open tomorrow but both my husband and I have large families and my kids will make out like bandits even if my husband and I bought them nothing.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 5:06 PM on Dec. 24, 2010