why is that

At this day and age why is it that some people have a problem with a white grl and a black guy dateing?HELLO!people it's not the 50's anymore.

carisa368

Asked by carisa368 at 4:35 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't have a problem with it at all. I think "mixed" kids are the cutest!!! You should see my sister in law's nephews...they are heart throbbs already!! LOL
    matthew9_22

Answer by matthew9_22 at 4:57 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Ignorance and intolerance...

It's sad, and unfortunately even 50-100 years from now we'll probably still have some people who are intolerant.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 4:38 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I don't see anything wrong with it..it isn't for me, personally, but I don't have a problem with it. Some folks are just ignorant and close-minded..and racist.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 4:55 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I don't see anything wrong with it people need to mind they business.
    ginabear1

Answer by ginabear1 at 4:59 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• What others do, is none of my business...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 5:36 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I do not care one whit what other people do...it is none of my business. Personally, I am more attracted to men of my own racial makeup but I have found some very attractive men of other races and have strong relationships across the racial spectrum. I can only speculate, but I suspect that there is a modicum of truth in the theory that races tend to prefer their own race. Whether that is a survival mechanism developed to keep out interlopers and thereby preserve the current race and territory, or something much more intricate, we may never know.
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 11:07 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• That is so true grl!
    carisa368

Comment by carisa368 (original poster) at 4:42 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• People need to get out of their little bubbles and accept times have changed. They need a huge paradigm shift.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:48 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• We honored our families as not to get into fights. To rebel would have caused more problems, so some still hold to their upbringing and the core beliefs of the facts that were taught to them. Racist isn't the real term anyway. Nor is intolerance. We are holding to our families foundations that they weren't ready to deal with and held tight to these truths about not mixing in other bloodlines.
    It was meant to keep the standard of family genetics and lines of blood for some reason.
    Maybe if more people read or ask questions about the ''reactions of racism'' in the 50's than the answers will be out.
    Anonymous

• some ppl just like to hate others who make choices they wouldnt...its sad really.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:04 PM on Dec. 24, 2010