What kind of headache starts in the back of the neck and then spreads to the forehead and eyes?

I have had this kind of headache for a long time. (off and on) I get it at least once a day. It hurts so bad and takes a lot out of me. I told my new dac about it and she said she was worried about me. She took x rays and blood work but I haven't heard anything back from her. Probably won't until after Christmas. Can Anybody else relate to me?

matthew9_22

Asked by matthew9_22 at 5:00 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Health

• Tension headaches caused from stress at least that's what mine are. I have migraines too.
    ginabear1

Answer by ginabear1 at 5:07 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Forehead and eyes are sinuses.
    rebock

Answer by rebock at 5:07 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I suffer from something similar & it's been like this for about a year & a half. I went to the doctor & they did an x-ray as well but no word yet. They have set an appointment for me to see a neurologist just to be on the safe side. I hope it is nothing serious. Wish i could be more help but it could be a number of things. At least you are taking steps to diagnose it.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 5:17 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Migrains.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:28 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• If your sick to your stomach at the same time there's a good chance it could be migraines and yes they KILL! I've gotten them since I was 16 so I know how it goes. There's 2 this I do that really help; one is walmart has a generic version of excedrine migraine, take 2 the moment you feel it coming on. If that doesn't work you can cut up garlic cloves into pill size pieces and down the hatch they go with water. (It opens up the blood vessels and gets things moving so the "swelling" can go down.)
    Trying to prevent it will help with the frequency (unless there's something physically wrong and no I"m not going to scare you with what it can be). Drink plenty of water. Go "green" with your food. Soda can cause them if you drink too much (or if your body is addicted not enough). Coffee is really better left to special occasions as well as alcohol. There's other things but you probably get where I'm going. Good food and exercise.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 5:39 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Take 2 advils and get your dh/so to give u a hell of a head massage. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:00 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I take Excedrin and they help some but not much. I drink the occasional soda. I try to eat right. I love green food! lol Um... I do think there is something wrong but don't know what yet. :(
    matthew9_22

Comment by matthew9_22 (original poster) at 9:30 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Tension or stress headache, migraine, sinus.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:19 PM on Dec. 25, 2010