Nerve pain, sciatica?

Maybe someone here can help me. I go in to see my doctor on Monday, but I'm interested if anyone else has had any of the same problems. I had my son 6 months ago. It was my second pregnancy, and when I was about 21 weeks along I started getting a shooting pain in my left leg that resonated mostly in my left butt cheek. It hurt so much, I would almost fall to the floor. It always happened when I was walking. I looked online, and assumed it was sciatica, since the symptoms were the same as what I was having and it's considered common in pregnancy. After pregnancy, it should have went away. But it hasn't, and it's gotten worse. I will be walking along with no problems, and then BAM, the pain hits and I have to lean up against a wall. My left leg completely gives out. It happens at random times, but it happens almost daily now. And now this week, I've had problems with my wrists. My right wrist popped and at first it felt good, and then it started to really hurt. Then today, the other has been popping all day and has the same pain. I have pain shooting down my left leg today and it's not going away. It seems as if every joint in my body has gone to crap. Today it seems I have more pain in my knee than before also. Any ideas what this could be?

pixiestix21

Asked by pixiestix21 at 5:06 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Health

• I know sciatic nerve pain all too well, hows your posture doing? All of our nerves in our legs and arms come from our spine, which may be the root of the issue. I suggest you see a doctor, they may do x-rays to check for any damage, and if nothing major send you to a physical therapist
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 5:34 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I also had the same pain during my pregnancy and it was sciatica but mine went away after i had the baby. Did you have an epidural? I would definitely check it out with your doctor to see what is still bother your spine or nerves. I would think after the baby it should have stopped since the pressure isn't there anymore.
    myegoisprego

Answer by myegoisprego at 5:42 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Same thing happen to me and it didn't go away after pregnancy it was my sciatic nerve.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 5:52 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Google stretches/exercises to get sciatic nerve pain to ease up.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:30 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have posted questions about this as well. I have been through physical therapy too! They said it was my SI joint. But therapy didn't work. So I'm back to square one. I changed doctors to a better doc and she is going to try to help me. She is going to send me for an MRI and an ultrasound of my legs. Then I don't know what..... It hurts so badly. I hurt 24/7. And doing housework makes it worse. But I do know that Demeral works! LOL I went to the ER once because the pain was too bad and they gave me a shot of the painkiller Demeral. It worked! It knocked me out but it worked for a few hours! LOL
    matthew9_22

Answer by matthew9_22 at 9:35 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• i have this kind of problem in my left arm it is getting so bad that i cant even use it half of the time which wouldnt be so bad but i am left handed...
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 9:56 PM on Dec. 24, 2010