WTF!?!?!?!?!?? Chirstmas with the crazy ex girlfriend.

SO my husband and I have been married for 12 years. Before me he dated a crazy girl named Samantha. She tried to break us up on several occasions. We have had no contact with her for 10+ years, but she is friends with my MIL. She was a foster child of theirs after dh and she broke up, so they have a relationship outside of just her being a former girlfriend.
This girl is a nut, she is always trying to add us to her facebook and goes to dh's work to see him. UGH!
I am not worried he still wants her, but because of her thinking she could break us up... I just do not like her and don't want to see her at all.

My MIL just told me she is going to be at our family Christmas celebration tonight. I just want to cry. I am sick and just am not feeling my best and definitely not looking my best. GOD I JUST DON'T WANT TO EVEN GO NOW!

What would you do in this situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Id go and have a great time. Nothing else would piss her off more.

Answer by gemgem at 5:25 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Like I said Id go, Id charm it up, and pretend she doesnt bother you one bit. Maybe have a couple drinks and hang on hubby hehe.

Answer by gemgem at 5:28 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I think it's best to either go as a couple, or not go as a couple to show unity. Your husband maybe should let his mom know what this girl has done. I have 3 grown sons, and if I was told that a girl that I liked had tried to interfere in one of their marriages, I certainly wouldn't include her in family events. I would never hurt my sons or my daughter in laws intentionally, and would never want their wives to be uncomfortable in my home. They have to come first with me.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:48 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I would be civil, but I would keep my distance from her. Like you said she has ties to the family outside of being a former girlfriend. I think that it's their right to have her there, as she is kind of apart of the family. However, you don't have to have any interaction with her. Keep your answers short and your attention elsewhere.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:26 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I wouldn't allow someone to control my feelings or interfere with family gatherings. I'd show up anyway and ignore her.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:29 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• not go
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:24 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Treat her like gold. Makes you look good, and when she's being bratty, makes her look bad.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 5:28 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• If you are sure your DH is faithfull to you. I would not worry.

Answer by louise2 at 7:00 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Stay home. I think it's pretty rude of your MIL to invite her.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:26 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I am not sure my MIL knows how hard this girl tried to break us up. I can not believe she would even come at all!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:27 PM on Dec. 24, 2010