How come

Ok so my son attends an after school program at a local church and has been doing so for over a year and he has a great time going to different places they even paid for him to go to camp this past summer.Alright the thing is that he started going to service on sundays and that's fine but every week the people from there ask me if i wanna attend now i went a couple times but found that it just was'nt for me and i tried to get into it but kust could'nt,so now i tell them no but and they keep on on on on they keep on saying thingslike oh u should really really go.How can i get them to respect my choices not to go?

carisa368

Asked by carisa368 at 5:28 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Tell them calm but firm, that you've been asked so many times and you appreciate if they dropped the subject now. ou made up your mind and a "no" is not going to turn into a "yes".

BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 5:34 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• You may never get them to respect it. Maybe your son is telling them he wishes for you to be there with him, and they think they're doing him a favor by bringing it up to you. You can just keep telling them that you appreciate the invitation, and you know the doors are wide open for you if you so choose in the future.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 5:35 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• In my 48 years of life. I have yet found a way to "make" someone respect my choices in life.  lol

They either choose to or they don't, but I can't make them. All I can do is reiterate my personal choice if need be. And if push comes to shove, just not have anything to do with the people who are hassling me (for whatever reason). I know the not having to do anything with them part is tough when you child attend this program and so technically you are "involved". So, I would just reiterate my choice as often as needed, as diplomatically as I could. If it got to the point that I just couldn't take it any longer, I would be bluntly honest as to "why" I do not what to attend.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:35 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Just the way you explained it right now. Tell them you came but its not for you and you expect them to respect your decision even if they dont agree with it.

Answer by gemgem at 5:36 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• it's kinda thier " job" to bug you and get you to go you know?, so I'm not sure they will stop...
    especially if they are doing all this stuff with your son
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:03 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Just tell them you are thinking about it, it doesn't mean that you have to give a yes or no answer. Maybe they will stop bugging you.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:34 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• You can't.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:21 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I have that problem a lot there are so many pushy people who get upset when you miss a day at church they act like you have just comitted a great sin. Don't get me wrong I don't have a problem with going to church I just get annoyed with holier than thou christians who think you should go to church every sunday and all the churches who think they are the only church that is right Baptists, Methodists,Jahovah Witnesses they all think they are right, There is only one church that is 100 percent right and that is God's church the church that Jesus is coming back for. He is coming back for the believers the christians who believe that Jesus died for them who except him as their Lord and Savior God doesn't care what church you go to as long as you believe in Jesus Christ. There is no right earthly church and you have a right to decide what church you attend. I teach my chidren about Jesus and I choose when and where I go to church.
    Die4Jesus

Answer by Die4Jesus at 1:40 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I love church, we go every Sunday. I cannot wait to get my baby in church. Everyone has their own opinions. You could try it once and tell them you just didnt like it.
    tymma11

Answer by tymma11 at 1:46 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Amen. I say what she said." I have that problem a lot there are so many pushy people who get upset when you miss a day at church they act like you have just comitted a great sin. Don't get me wrong I don't have a problem with going to church I just get annoyed with holier than thou christians who think you should go to church every sunday and all the churches who think they are the only church that is right Baptists, Methodists,Jahovah Witnesses they all think they are right, There is only one church that is 100 percent right and that is God's church the church that Jesus is coming back for. He is coming back for the believers the christians who believe that Jesus died for them who except him as their Lord and Savior God doesn't care what church you go to as long as you believe in Jesus Christ. There is no right earthly church and you have a right to decide what church you attend. I teach my chidren about Jesus and I choose wh
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 1:50 AM on Dec. 27, 2010