Handshake=Instant connection...What does this mean?

In this church I feel at home and loved there! I feel thats where I belong. One night in particular I met with the Worship Pastor to speak about auditioning for the Front Band. We talked briefly about dates that would work for the audition, and when we were ready to leave we shook hands. It was then I felt this instant connection with him. My heart dropped and fluttered and I was a loss for words. I was a mumbling fool. It was awkward, and I can say that this has never never happened to me before. Was he spiritually reaching out to me because of this dark time? What could this mean? I am very confused....

Anybody can answer, but please no bashing 

CindyLou122

Asked by CindyLou122 at 5:59 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• The same thing happened to me with my pastor when I was 18. He was only 26, and very down to earth. We instantly connected, and I can say honestly, that he saved my faith. He is one of my best friends now, even though he moved away. But from the first hug, I knew he was meant to be in my life, and as a mentor and friend in my path back to God. I would say you should try and get to know him, God may have sent him to you in this dark time. Good luck and God bless!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 4:20 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Take some time and get to know him better. It may mean that you have a connection, or just that you need to reach out to someone after the divorce. Good luck!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:02 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• You need to take a humongous step back, like the pp, give it time!! I find leaders of the church are by nature very charming and personable, and people (especially emotionally vunerable women) seem to swoon at the mere sight of them. Hopefully if you choose to charge into this 'feeling', he will have enough sense to put some distance between the two of you so that you will be forced to give the process of divorce and the healing afterwards, the time that it needs.
    tharealty2

Answer by tharealty2 at 6:15 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• You may have the gift of discernment of spirit. It's a sensitivity to some spirits, that's all

Answer by admckenzie at 7:53 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I'm not up on the divorce like the 2 above, but if it's recent as they advised take it slow and easy. As I always told my girls though, "Follow Your Heart". Maybe the feeling and flutter you felt was a true connection, if he felt the same way he'll soon let you know, if not I wouldn't push it. You certainly don't want to jump at the first man on a rebound and end up with another heart ache. Slow and easy.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 7:57 PM on Dec. 24, 2010