CAN 1 KIND DEED TRUMP ALL THE THINGS U HAVE DONE WHEN STANDING BFORE GOD

I heard a story 2day about a male who was a murder,rapists,an thief..he was said 2 be on his way 2 the electric chair..but since he was already goin 2 die anyways they asked him if he would give his kidney to a young girl who wasnt goin live long if she didnt get the kidney..so he fig what the hey he done did all he could with it..he done lived a rich life of muder,rape,an stealing so he said fine if GOD wanted her to have it he would let him know so..he if GOD sent an ANGEL down he would give this girl his kidney..an low an behold an ANGEL came down an said GOD heard what u said an im hear 2 tell u that u are 2 give her the kidney..an so he gave her his kidney..
so im wonderiing if it possible for 1 kind dead 2 trump all the bad deeds u have done thruout your life..

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 6:10 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I don't know, I'm not the one who is supposed to judge. I'm just glad the girl got the kidney she needed.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:14 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• In that case, I sure as hell hope not! I'm glad a little girl got a second chance at life....but that doesn't take the place of the lives he took. I don't care how many times he was on bended knee asking for forgivness.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:19 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• i dont know actually how true the story is or was rather..i dont even no where it came from..a old lady was trying to make a point on how god forgive even the most harden criminal out here..but it made me wonder if that was possible..i know we are not the judger or condemrer of any man but i just wanted to know..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 6:24 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Biblically no.... The bible says you to believe and confess that Jesus is Lord . If you have rejected Him all your life and die without believing then you have already chosen not to go to Heaven.

However if after that incident that He chose to believe and ask Jesus into His heart Yes He has then chosen Heaven. Yes even the hardest Criminals will go IF they ask Jesus into their heart AND repent!

For those of you that hope not... You do not understand the God's heart of mercy and grace.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:40 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I wouldnt base anything on the bible completely, its altered. BUT God as I know him is merciful and he is quicker to mercy than he is to anger.

He is the JUDGE, if you really want to know, talk to him, you will know if you connect.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 6:47 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• "For those of you that hope not... You do not understand the God's heart of mercy and grace. "

Mercy and grace, except for those that don't believe, huh?
    Hypocrisy-plain and simple.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:05 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Biblically speaking no ... our good deeds mean nothing to God. The only thing that would redeem Him is Christ' death on the cross.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 10:05 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• A lifetime of good deeds is no guarantee that we will get into heaven. God is the only one who can judge our hearts, and only He knows whether or not we have chosen to spend our eternity with Him. He will not force us to be with Him, so like Shaneagle said, we freely choose heaven (or choose not to be there). God is in heaven, so we can't have it both ways.

Not one of us is perfect and without sin. Jesus is the only man who ever lived His life without sinning. Sure, most of us are not guilty of murder, but we have all done horrible things in our lives that hurt people at some point. Maybe we said something to someone once that stuck with them and really hurt their self-esteem. Maybe it was something worse. God has mercy for us when we come to Him in repentance. If this murderer came to God in repentance and invited Him into his life, accepting His gift of salvation, he will be in heaven.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:30 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I agree with Iamgr8teful 100 percent great answer
    Die4Jesus

Answer by Die4Jesus at 12:56 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Jesus died on the cross for ALL sins--not just certain ones. Sin is sin in the eyes of God. If this man asked God to forgive him and to be his Lord and Savior, then yes, I think he will be in heaven. "Good" deeds, living a "good" life, or being a "good" person doesn't mean squat, for the Bible says, "There is none good--no not one". If those things could get you to heaven, then Jesus' death would have been unnecessary.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 10:05 AM on Dec. 27, 2010