Ham..

how do you prepare yours? Dh wants to do a ham for Xmas day,..so how do you prepare it, season it, and so on. How long so you bake it? This was a lovely last minute decision on his part..ugh lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I don't season it all, I don't like sweet ham. Instead, I buy a bone in ham and cover it with foil and bake at 325 for 20 minutes per pound.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:15 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• i take a bottle of coke shake it up to make it flat then pour all over it, then i take pinapples and cherrys and take a toothpick and put them all over the ham. its according how big the ham is but usally i let it slow cook for about 4 hours
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 6:20 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• it sounds nasty but its not its really really good lol!
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 6:21 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I don't season the ham, I just throw it in the oven with a tin foil tent on top of it. I glaze it with a honey mixture and remove the tin foil tent about 20-25 minutes before the ham is finished. Like previous poster said, I cook at 325 for 20 minutes a pound.

I would love to try the pineapple idea mommy2be0611 suggested! That sounds lovely! Mmmm pineapple!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 6:41 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I usually put ham and cherries and brown sugar on it but Nobody here likes it like that Hah! So Tomooroow it is dd and I. Ds is with his afther so I forgot to buy the pineapple so I will just bake it.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 8:20 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I don't season mine. I buy a good smoked ham, and bake it (as mentioned 20 minutes per pound).
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 9:36 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I put brown sugar,butter,cherries and pineapple all in and on top of the ham bake it according to the directions and its soooooo good.
    carisa368

Answer by carisa368 at 11:16 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I don't put anything on. Is it a picnic ham, or some kind of ham that has a "fat pad" on it? Put the fat up, cover with foil, and bake til heated through (it's already cooked, most likely). If it's a pressed & formed oval loaf-shape ham, same thing, just heat & eat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I make a thick running juice out of Brown sugar, pineapple juice and beer. Then score the top about ½ in- 1in deep put it in the pan and spoon it over the top letting it run into the pan then respooning it over and over for several minutes. Then I stick 4-5 pineapple rings in it with toothpicks, pack generous amount of brown sugar on top and drizzle more beer into the sugar just to wet it all. I pull it out 3-4 times and respoon the liquid in the pan back over the top.
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 3:42 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• My husband makes the ham so I don't really know. He started it now for 5 so I guess it takes about 5 hours. He uses honey somewhere along the line but I don't know what else. Sorry I am not too much help.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 2:09 PM on Dec. 25, 2010