Another spin off of the question about Muslim extremists... adult content

Sorry this is from a comedy site, but a friend posted this the other day, and I thought it had some great points. There are a few curse words on the second page if you're offended by that...just a warning before you go to the site.

A few parts that stood out to me.....

"A conservative commentator recently made headlines by claiming 10 percent of all of the world's Muslims are terrorists. An amazing claim, considering that equals 150 million terrorists and if each were to pull off an attack killing just 40 people, they could exterminate all non-Muslim life on earth.
Either they're not all that dedicated to terrorism, or the claim is utter insanity."

Do all Muslim women wear veils?:
No...."for instance, in France they have about 3 million Muslim women. French police decided to figure out how many of them wore burqas and/or niqabs and found the number to be ... 367.
......Not 367,000, but 367, a number so small that from a statistical point of view, it's barely enough to register as a margin of error. As for the rest of Europe, the numbers are even more disastrous for the burqa business (for instance, Belgium has 500,000 Muslims, a couple dozen wear the burqa)."

"Of the five most populous Muslim-majority nations, four of them have elected female heads of state.

So there's a fantastic chance that in 2012, Sarah Palin will be campaigning for an achievement that Muslim ladies have already accomplished."

Are Muslims stuck in the dark ages?:
"In the same way that not all Christians are Young Earth Creationists, plenty of modern Muslims see room for interpretation in the Quran. In fact, 45 percent of American Muslims in one poll said they see evolution as "the best explanation for the origin of human life on Earth," which isn't so shabby, considering only 24 percent of evangelical Christians believed the same. The percentage of Muslims embracing the scientific explanation for the origin of life was about the same as Americans as a whole (48 percent)."

Read more: 5 ridiculous things you probably believe about Islam

Does any of this surprise you?

Or will you continue to judge an entire religion by a few extremists?

pam19

Asked by pam19 at 6:29 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I agree the news only focuses on the fringe of any group because it's more interesting to watch, no one is going to tune in to see the average Muslim, Christian or Jew going to work, taking care of their family, and being a good and caring citizento their neighbor.  This applies across the board to any group of people.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:28 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Not surprising. It's unfair to judge an entire religion based on what a handful of idiots do. Just like it's unfair to judge a race based on negative things some people of a specific origin chose to do. I doubt there will be a day in my lifetime where people start opening their minds and shutting their mouths.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 6:37 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• "Its silly, but this is truely why Jesus came, for the lost sheep, and Muhammed confirmed him to his people, because JESUS SAID, he didnt come to everyone HE CAME FOR THE GENTILES, Muhammed came with The Gospel unalterted to ALL. Thank you Jesus. "

HUH?!!!confused

sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:09 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• <3 :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Doesn't surprise me but it makes me angry. Glenn Beck is an idiot, and a**hole and a hypocrite.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 11:36 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Im sure they will continue to Judge, todays people dont use thier brains, they are sheep, they go with the crowd, what society or majority says.

If someone said, a sharp knife will cut you, but society told you it was false, they would never believe that a sharp knife could ever cut you.

Its silly, but this is truely why Jesus came, for the lost sheep, and Muhammed confirmed him to his people, because JESUS SAID, he didnt come to everyone HE CAME FOR THE GENTILES, Muhammed came with The Gospel unalterted to ALL. Thank you Jesus.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 6:40 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

-----

I agree, but I just thought I would share this anyway...just in case it surprised a few people or made someone second guess their preconceived notions about Islamic people. I realize stereotypes often exist for a reason, but I firmly believe you shouldn't judge an entire group of people (e.g. ethnicity, race, religion, etc.) based on a few of their extremists. I DON'T think all Muslims are terrorists or that all terrorists are Muslim, and I don't think all Christians are like the WBC group.
    pam19

Comment by pam19 (original poster) at 7:14 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Science doesn't have any explantion for the origin of life.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 11:49 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

-----

It actually attempts to explain and understand it. Abiogenesis is the study of how life arises from inanimate matter through natural processes. This is part of the natural science field. Evolution is a fact, and the Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection is an accepted theory to explain the fact of evolution.

Science Daily Origin of Life News

But, let's stay focused...this post is supposed about stereotypes not a science debate. Thanks. :-)
    pam19

Comment by pam19 (original poster) at 12:08 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Glenn Beck is an idiot, and a**hole and a hypocrite.

-----

I totally agree!

pam19

Comment by pam19 (original poster) at 11:49 AM on Dec. 29, 2010