Making homemade laundry detergent to save money..

Can i substitute washing soda with baking soda? http://www.mademan.com/mm/how-make-your-own-laundry-detergent.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Money & Work

• I buy tide twice a year now.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:37 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• ooooooo k
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:42 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• i dont think so! or at least i wouldnt! but when ever i dont follow directions things go bad so i just do wat the directions say! lol!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:44 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Baking Soda and Washing Soda are two completely differente chemicals- everything I've read on the subject says you CANNOT subsitute baking soda in place of washing soda.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 12:15 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• you can make washing soda with baking soda! pour out the amt you need for the recipe onto a flat cookie sheet (ungreased). I believe the temp needs to be 400, or maybe 425 and you cook it for about 20 minutes. preheat the oven first. When you remove the tray, beeeee carefuuuuul! if you breathe it in you will sneeze forever. the heat of the oven releases the carbon dioxide from the baking soda which turns it into washing soda.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 7:00 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• bump! I have no idea, but my guess is no. Similar name, doesn't mean similar product.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 10:01 PM on Dec. 26, 2010