SERIOUSLY YOUR THAT STUPID???(VENT)

SO MY DD'S DAD IS GOING TO PRISON FOR VEHICULAR MAN SLAUGHTER AND VEHICULAR ASSULT. HE WAS DIVING DRUNK WITH HIS G/F AND TWO FRIENDS IN THE CAR. HE LOST CONTROL AND HIT A POLL THEN LANDED IN A DITCH. HIS FRIEND IN THE BACK SIT LOST HIS LIFE. HE ALMOST LOST HIS OWN LIFE. HE IS OK NOW AND JUST WAITING FOR TRIAL. THE DUMB A** IS STILL DRINKING. SERIOUSLY YOU DON'T CARE ENOUGH ABOUT YOUR DD TO NOT DRINK. IT'S IN HIS AGREEMENT WITH THE COURT THAT HE WON'T DRINK. WOW!!!! YOU REALLY ARE A PIECE OF SH**!!! I AM TAKING HIM TO COURT FOR FULL CUSTODY OF MY DD. I AM SO DONE WITH HIS SH**

khyleighsmama

Asked by khyleighsmama at 6:40 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• Wow you should have no problem getting it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:42 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• My daughter's dad is currently on probation for his third DUI. He has to go to 24-7 and take a breathalizer twice a day and STILL DRINKS!! He says if you stop early enough you won't blow hot the next day. Too bad he has a couple times anyway. His P.O. doesn't know that he quit his job OR that his new job is in a bar, which he's not allowed in when on probation. Such a fucking idiot. If he get's caught he'll spend the rest of his time in jail - he's already spent six months in work release for this. Some poeple just never learn. They're irresponsible and keep making the same mistakes over and over again. I mean, hey, we all make mistakes, but when it's the SAME mistake over and over again- it's not a mistake anymore. It's a stupid decision.
    frombong2mom

Answer by frombong2mom at 6:50 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• That's actually very common with drunk driving cases. They obviously had a problem to be out drinking and driving to begin with. Sadly, that's what an alcoholic does to cope, more alcohol. I have a family full of alcoholics and addicts and I have seen really bad things happen and it's just never enough.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:51 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I'm so sorry, you would think killing someone would "sober you up", but for some reason there are people who still can't sober up.

Good luck, I hope you do get full custody, and try to focus on your beautiful child, and the life you want to have, not on your anger for someone who is so pathetic.

Merry Christmas
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:52 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Good for you
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:54 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• He's obviously an alcoholic and will likely bring nothing but pain into the lives of you and your daughter if he never sobers up. My advice is to cut ties until that day comes, if it ever does.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:01 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Alcoholics should never have licenses to drive in the first place since as you can see firsthand they have impaired motor skills and can kill anyone at anytime. This is a typical example of just how dangerous the misuse of alcohol and driving can be. And yes, I think you are doing the right thing by getting custody of your child.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:48 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I don't blame you one bit. If I were you I'd do it very soon. He doesn't need to be drinking when he has a young child. Not to mention that this is so irresponsible. Sounds like he wants to go to jail. That accident could have been prevented, if he hadn't taken a drink. Is he at all remorseful for what he has done? If it was me, I couldn't live with myself. I hope you do get custody of your daughter.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:28 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I hear your anger but it's not about his feelings for your dd. He's obviously out of control with his drinking. It's an addiction. When he gets out of prison he'll be sober and will put her first then.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:31 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I disagree admckenzie. Just because they get out of prison doesn't mean the person will stay sober because they've been sober in prison. My uncle was in that situation where he caused a serious DWI accident and went to jail for it. It didn't change his drinking habits a bit!
    Anonymous