My Gr-son Has no Mommy, Now His Dumb Ass Dad Told Him There is no Santa. WHY?

Why would you tell a little 9 yr old this on Christmas Eve or the night before, and bring all the gifts out and put them under the tree and show him now? I'm sorry I'm so GD man at him I can't see straight, he's so upset he was crying. He still gets all the same gifts, but the joy of Christmas morning was taken from him. I would think not having his Mommy (she's deceased) would have been enough. For all religious one's out there, yes he knows about the meaning of Christmas he learns it in daycare run by a Church, and I teach him as much as I can telling him "Jesus is the Reason for the Season." Oh, there is no tooth fairy either, by the way !!

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 7:09 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Holidays

• That is totally cruel on his dad's part to take that joy away from your grandson hours before Christmas day. I think I would reassure your grandson that he still has his presents to look forward to and it's not as bad as it may appear to be at the moment. Grandparents have that special magic touch of saying the right things at the moment they need to be said.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:36 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• You go in there and tell him Daddy is upset and lost his Christmas spirit and he said things he didn't mean.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:34 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• thats awful ! I'm sorry!
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 10:46 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Why not look up the origional story of who St. Nick really was, and share that with him. Just a random thought!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:40 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• What a completely horrible thing to do :(
    let the kid come to YOU and ask-not just tell them! wow...
    I'm so sorry, is there anything you can put out from Santa?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:27 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• AWWW.......... That was really Mean! I'm sorry your grandson is So Upset & you too! i think CafeMochaMom1 is right; Grandma's can make their Little Hearts feel better so, just reassure him that he will still have a Magical Day tomorrow:)

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 9:52 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I'm really sorry you guys are going through this. :-( Sounds like a terrible time for him to tell him that, and IMO he should wait until he asks questions if it's been a tradition all along. I'm sure his dad is hurting and sad, and maybe that's why he did that without thinking about how much it might hurt his son to hear that right before Christmas. Maybe you can explain to your grandson that Santa is an opportunity for adults to have fun and pretend just like they did when they were kids, and it's about the magic and spirit of giving to others, and they do it because love to see the joy on children's faces. You could also tell him about the history of St. Nick as someone mentioned above. That makes me very sad, it's such a terrible way to find out. We just figured it out on own as we got older, and that wasn't traumatic at all.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:55 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• He was told not to cry for his dead Mother when he was about 4, so I guess I should expect this shit.

That's awful. I'm so sorry, sounds like he's had it rough :(
    what a jerk for a dad
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:38 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• What jerk!!!
    jillrebecca3

Answer by jillrebecca3 at 11:39 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Sounds like Dad is hurting and took his pain out on the child, sorry you have to deal with this
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 7:22 PM on Dec. 24, 2010