Our original x-mas plans got shot down, so now we are improvising.....ideas for anything else I can do to make this a special day?

Our son is one and a half

We went and got some presents, a couple clothing items, this cute little beannie, a book set, and some knick knack toys.

Hubby is working tomorrow from 7:30a-4:30p ;( which sucks

But none the less I was thinking of a nice Breakfast (French Toast, Omelete, etc)

Open presents when Hubby gets home we will open the presents we got for our son, he is going to have fun because I individually wrapped everything, even though its not much , he just wants to rip paper, :)

I don't know what to make for dinner. I have frozen pork chops, chicken, tri-tip steak ideas?

Should I do desert? cookies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Holidays

• it still sounds like the day will be fun and festive! thats a long day for your SO but I'm sure it'll fly by :) Cookies are a great idea! I love m&m cookies for christmas. Plus they have the red and green ones this time of year!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 7:13 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Anything done as a family.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:55 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• cut the steak up in 1 inch chunks, brown in butter, then cook for an hr or so in beef gravy...serve with your favorite sides. bake 3 sugar cookies in the shape of snowmen (even if you dont have a cookie cutter just shape 3 circles of different sizes for each snowman and smash together) during the day and let them cool while your hubby is at work. after dinner decorate them as a family and everyone gets one for desert!
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 8:02 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Sounds like you've got it covered. :-D
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 9:54 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• You have good ideas!
    VERONICAS_MOM

Answer by VERONICAS_MOM at 1:39 AM on Dec. 25, 2010