Of all the major religions...

Which ones do you think are the most and least judgmental?

kasaloso

Asked by kasaloso at 7:54 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• most- Christian
    least- Pagan

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:55 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Most - all 3 Abrahamic - it's part of their rules to not trust outsiders
    Least - Buddhists
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:56 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I don't think it has anything to do with specific religions, but with individuals....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:02 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Most- any religion that claims it's beliefs are the onyl true ones out there and all others are wrong
    Least- any religion who believes we all have our own paths and we need to find what work for us. Being a good person matters more than religious affiliations.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:03 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Well it sure as fuck isn't the Christians!!! I am so sick of being judged because I don't go to church every Sunday and because I live with a boyfriend and we have too many kids and blah blah blah. My relationship with God is my own business. I don't need to go to a building to prove anything.

I'd have to say the Buddhists or the Taoists. Those who focus on the self more than on a strict doctrine. It's those who have a strict set of beliefs and tradditions that tend to be more judgemental - you're not doing things the way they believe they should be done.
    frombong2mom

Answer by frombong2mom at 8:03 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Based on my personal experience....and these are just generalizations, it's doesn't mean I think everyone within a group are judgmental or not judgmental. The least is harder to narrow down for me, because there are a lot of religions that are inclusive and open to other paths and taking ideas from other religions or philosophies. I may have some bias, because I used to be a Christian and later was a Wicca, and now I'm a Pantheist and practice Buddhism.

Most--Christians

Least--Hindus, Buddhists, Taoists, pagans
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:06 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I think it would be judgemental of me to decide such a thing, and rate them all from most to least.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:09 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I don't think that any specific religion is judgemental the people that practice said religion. Some people are judegemental by nature and cling to religion as a means to judge people. My personal faith dictates that I don't judge lest I be judged and to love everyone like myself so I am not going to generalize any religion as judgemental. I guess that as long as I am right with my faith then you can deal with yours.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 8:13 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• God accepts you just as you are, but he still wants you to come to him, eventually, and he will wait ....even until the day of your death.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 8:24 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I think anyone who judges a religion is judgemental... right now I am being judgemental.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 8:25 PM on Dec. 24, 2010