i hate this!

when you see a couple kids talking about Santa and this rude kid (in my opinion this is rude iv had so many friends in elementary school cry because of one rude kid) comes up to them and says "Santa's not real and your not getting anything for Christmas" i understand there's other religions that dont believe in Santa but i mean shouldn't their parents be teaching them not to be rude?

i know it sounds silly but i would be really annoyed if some kid comes up to mine and just flat out tells them Santa isn't real, i mean why ruin a little kids christmas

i am by no means trying to start fights i just saw something like this at the daycare i volunteer at, and i thought id vent about it

Lizzypuppylove

Asked by Lizzypuppylove at 8:08 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Holidays

• i think its rude too !
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 8:11 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• It's not a religious thing, it's a parenting thing where they don't teach their kids any manners or tact. I would simply tell the little kid that the older kid is just jealous becuae he was such a bad boy this year Santa had to write his parents a letter.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:12 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I agree that its rude. We don't personally do the whole Santa thing but my kids know of the story and not to ruin it for kids that believe in it. I handle it like I handle other religions. It might not be what we believe in but its not my or my kids place to judge their beliefs.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 8:17 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• It happens which is why I believe in telling children the truth when they get old enough so they don't get hurt by kids being mean

Answer by admckenzie at 9:20 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

•                                                                                       Next time, just tell the good little kids,

santa blue

I guess we know who's house Santa has been skipping...and why.

ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 9:49 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• That's definitely rude! We were always asked not to ruin it for the little ones (my brother, cousins, etc) when I was young. I actually enjoyed seeing the excitement on the little kids' faces and being let in on the other 'secret' side of the Santa tradition. I know parents can't always control what their kids do, but I plan to teach my son what I think, tell him about what others think, and ask him to try to be polite and respectful of others even when they believe something different than him.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:29 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Hey ss mom I like your answer. I don't think it's right either, but that one kids shouldn't be ruining other kids Christmas'.

amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:20 AM on Dec. 25, 2010