Christmas cards

Do you send them? Who do you send them to? Has your list increased/decreased over the years? What do you do with your Christmas cards at the end of the season?

We weren't going to send them this year but DH really wanted to send them out with a picture from our vacation so we got some free cards from Vistaprint to send. I sent them out to those who sent us a card and then immediate family. Unfortunately, at the end of the season I end up recycling the cards unless it is from our parents/grandparents/special friend/family.

greensavvymama

Asked by greensavvymama at 8:26 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Holidays

• We keep our old Christmas cards in our decoration bins. We eventually throw old ones away but keep the important ones.

We do send them. We personally fill each out and sign each one. We also include a few photos.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 8:30 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• We sent cards to people for the first time this year.
    No one ever sent us cards before so we never did, until this year we just decided to send them and see if we get any in return. We had five in return.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 8:31 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I limited my Christmas cards to those people who are the most important in my life at the moment.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 8:37 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I send out about 40, give or take, to friends and family. We got 10 back this year. I don't care, I still enjoy sending them.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:36 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• typingWe always send them - about 30. The list has about 50% regulars, and the rest seem to change...if we don't get a card from someone for 3 years, we drop them off the list...probably.

There are a few elders that have passed, and a few new friends that have been added. For our elder family, we usually include a letter that I write on the computer, so I can incorporate a few pictures. I get a happy phone call when they receive the card and letter. Little things like that only take an hour or so to gather thoughts and a few new pictures, but it means so much to our senior family and friends.

ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 9:38 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• The last two years we sent Christmas cards out with photos of my son, but we skipped this year to save some money. I think we have about 50 people on our list--friends, some members of my family, DH's family and a few co-workers. This year I just sent out an ecard that said "Happy Holidays from someone using environmental friendliness as an excuse for being too cheap and lazy to send a real card". LOL
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:40 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• We send out Christmas cards every year. This is the first year that I did not send any but it's mainly because time got away from me because I was unsually very very busy. We send out about 40 and our list changes a little every year. We seem to just increase. I usually end up throwing most of them away when I put up decorations.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 9:48 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• ehhh...not really.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 10:45 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I send out a few, I also recycle the ones I receive by using them as thank you postcards.
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 5:06 PM on Jun. 2, 2011