Do you realize how mild the Answers section is compared to some of the Groups?

I stick mostly to the Answers section, but occasionally I'll look around in different groups. My God. I thought it got catty in here sometimes, but we all look nice and sweet compared to some of the group posts, lol!

Seriously, I saw a post once and names were being called that would make a sailor blush, lol.

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 9:54 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I don't participate in the groups I belong to much. I've read some groups get very catty in there and SO much drama!

Thats too crazy for online for me! If I can help some one with advice, I give it.....I dont sit and make fun of their questions or answers.......but if I feel I should defend some one on there for their question, OR answer.......I do so.

This is when you have to realize that the way the drama is, or unfolds.....I say its some teenaged kid on there playing around cause I cannot believe that grown women say and act that way, online........god forbid if they are the same in reality! So I chalk it up to kids.....so ridiculous the things they come up with.

Yep admckenzie.......I thought so too hun!!!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 3:51 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Yep, I've noticed. In answers people are actually mainly looking for answers/help where as some people in some groups seem to just be looking for some kind of drama.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 10:19 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Yes.
    That is why I stick to one group mainly... LDS moms.
    I come here when I am bored but CM in general is a hostile place.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 9:55 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• most people don't realize there is a CM outside of answers. I agree though, this is nothing compared to what is out there and CM is mild compared to other social networking sites.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 5:26 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• It can get pretty nasty...I hardly venture into the big groups anymore.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:00 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I thought the purpose of groups was to support each other

Answer by admckenzie at 10:11 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Some ladies can get pretty catty!
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 12:08 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• It's interesting that the worst (or at least among the worst) of all the groups is the one it dumps every new member into by default. In some respects, I'd expect that to be a kind of trial by fire - the sooner you figure out how to leave that group, the faster you acclimate to the "culture" of CM (or on the other hand, the sooner you can hold your own in there without being eaten alive by the sharks).

I also think it serves as a kind of baseline gauge. When you hear someone was so unable to control themselves they were kicked out of Newcomers or Current Events & Hot Topics, it's a good indication of how little credibility and self-control they have.

As for the "bitch" groups that are even worse than the CM sponsored - I tend to write most of those off as people who require more attention than they can absorb at 4-Chan.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:34 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I can't argue with your there NP. My opinion on the worthiness of NC being THE place for new people is well documented. But I guess it's true if you can hold your own there you are good to go just about anywhere.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 5:23 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I think there are a couple people here who are awful. They are regular participants who seem to only be out to harass certain groups of people here.The ones who are awful here are the reason we have so many anonymous posters. I know many women who post anonymous to avoid the way one in particular talks down to people. She has to prove you wrong and berate. I think she has a degree in Google.
    Anonymous