Nap Time/Temper Tanturms

My 8 month old daughter has just started throwing "temper tantrums" I will try to set her down and she will lock her legs and back when I try to set her down, so I will just lay her on the floor and she will scream and cry and after a minute of two I will pick her up and go back to hold her...not get me wrong I LOVE holding her and I lave that she likes to cuddle but there are times when I can't get anything done because of it. She is also a very bad napper. She is very use to being cuddled to go to sleep. I will hold her until she is asleep and then I will try to put her down but she will only sleep for 20 minutes then she will wake up screaming so I will pick her back up and hold her until she goes back to sleep and I will hold her until she wakes up because it's the only way to get her to stay asleep for longer then 20 minutes but again I don't get anything done. She sleeps great at night but I think it's because she is so tired from not sleeping during the day.

Does anyone have advice on how to get her to nap long on her own?

How do I handle the tantrums without being to hard on her?

Momma2Miranda

Asked by Momma2Miranda at 10:11 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son started to do that when he discovered he could hold my hands and walk around the house. So when he leg locks me, I know he wants to cruise. She may be having a little anxiety right now and that is why she wakes looking for you. It will pass soon enough!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:30 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I think you should continue what you are doing but maybe put on background noise for her, (music or tv ) so she doesnt' hear silence and get scared she's alone

Answer by admckenzie at 10:15 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• She always takes her nap downstairs in her pack n play...so she has the TV, outside noise, and talking. At night i don't worry but i put her to sleep with a CD on.
    Momma2Miranda

Comment by Momma2Miranda (original poster) at 10:17 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• at night she sleeps about a foot away from me in her crib and during the day she naps in the living room so she can always see someone so I am sure that is not a panic thing. She doesn't want to be put down cause it's a power struggle issue. She knows that if she makes a big enough deal out of being put down that I will pick her back up just to make her stop...but I need to stop caving to her whims. I'm just not sure the best way to do that.
    Momma2Miranda

Comment by Momma2Miranda (original poster) at 12:58 AM on Dec. 25, 2010