Is your child in Head Start?

Did your child attend Early Head Start, or is your child currently attending Head Start? What do you like and dislike about the program? Any problems?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My 3 yo DD is in Preschool. She LOVES it, and I do too. They really involve the parents, and my DD has learned soooo much since August. Starting her in Preschool was so good for her to learn to interact with groups of kids and starting to get her ready for Kindergarten. She will have one more year of preschool before starting Kindergarten tho. I would greatly recommend a head start program or preschool. It does wonders for kids.
    Gretchen0122

Answer by Gretchen0122 at 12:19 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I cannot recommend our local headstart program. However, that's not to say YOUR local headstart isn't a good program.

Check it out first. Ours is supposed to have a computer center...they don't. Ours is supposed to work with IEP's...they do slowly and don't ask about what they don't understand until something happens. Ours is supposed to work to the child's ability...they don't, my son was trying to learn to read and they would't work with him ("not a skill he needs yet" and "don't have time")

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:12 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• My 5yr old gd was in Headstart at 3 and 4 now she is in Kindergarten. I do recommend it. She learned alot. Now my other gd is 3 yrs and cannot go because she is not potty trained yet. Our program is really a good one.
    strtngovrmom

Answer by strtngovrmom at 10:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2008