How long does it take to heal after a C-section?

shanapiv

Asked by shanapiv at 10:24 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it all depends on the person but with my first i was feeling good by 2weeks with my second c section i was feeling good by a week after. but it can take up to 6 to 8 weeks.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 10:54 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• every womans body is different for me it was my 1st unplanned c section it took me about a total of 3 weeks to heal and that includes wear pants idk whether it took that longer cause i also had my tubes tied but if im correct it took about 3 weeks... my 1st week was the worst then as times passed it got better
    mymommasgirl

Answer by mymommasgirl at 10:33 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I was feeling fine a wk post op. I was able to walk for exercise by 10 days post op. I was back to doing a light jog by 5 wks post op. By the time my 6 wk post op appt came I felt completely back to normal.....aside from the numbness around the scar which can last a while. I actually still have some numbness after 2 csections...youngest is 17 months
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:00 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Same as a vaginal for me. Six weeks. the c-section incision itself was healed over by three weeks,
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:16 PM on Dec. 25, 2010