My boyfriend's daughter and I don't really get along....

She's 5 years old but she hates me. It's kind of complicated! I try my best with her but she still resents me! What should I do?

shanapiv

Asked by shanapiv at 10:26 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Just stay out of her way, if she really hates you, your presence will just piss her off more. I had a SM and I didn't care for her, she tried too hard, my dad ended up divorcing her because she put a wedge in our family.

so I'll give you some tips cause my SM was clueless:

So just from my experience Let her feel the way she feels, give her her space, maybe you'll find that she'll come around you if you're doing something interesting. Like if you like to draw, or do crafts, try to do it when she's there, that way you are doing your own thing, and maybe she will want to come join you. And even if you can get her to join on an activity with you but it's silent complementing her every once in a while, say your doing crafts, sort of say how well she's doing and ya know, get excited, call her dad over to see how great it is. good luck
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:56 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Why don't you ask your BF what she likes to do or if she into anything. If so, get into something she really likes and maybe she will feel differently about you. You never know.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:05 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• i was there almost 6 years ago, and sadley things dont always get better. talk to your bf about it.. let him know how you feel. does he ahve her all the time? we only have her 4 days a month so on those days when shes here i just haqve to deal with being an outsieder... but its worth it ebcuase i love him so much
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 10:48 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Things don't always get better, but you can keep trying. Don't try too hard, though; she'll see you as over-compensating.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 6:32 PM on Dec. 25, 2010