whats a safe home remedy for a baby 3 mo ,with constapation

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• puree prunes-just a few baby spoon fulls and 2 ounces of warm water
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:41 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Karo syrup, glycerine suppositories.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 10:42 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• My son was constipated once and the pediatrician basically just said "wait for it", that way they learn to push it out. One time he didn't do #2 for over a week, but the doc said it wasn't anything to worry about for a ebf baby.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:46 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• The doctor always told me to put a table spoon of light corn airily in a bottle with four ounces of water but I know that baby food prunes, plms or figs work great.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 10:48 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• *light corn syrup- is what I was trying to write.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 10:50 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• 2oz of apple prune juice.
    or kyro suyrope 1oz to 40 of water
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 10:50 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Glycerine suppositories - cut it into thirds - use just 1/3 of it and push it as far up the rectum as you can. They might poop it right back out but try to keep it in there until it melts. My mom was a pediatric nurse & highly reccomends it - it is safe, no side effects, and is effective quickly. It's hard though as a mom to do it. Don't stick your finger up there, but try to get the suppository up as far as possible. Be gentle, good luck!!
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 11:13 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• What do you mean by constipated? It can be normal for a baby to go 5 or 7 days without a BM. I've even herd of a baby going as long as 10 and being just fine. How long has it been?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:25 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• When my daughter was 3 months or so she started having one poop a week! THis is totally normal, especially if you're nursing. I would look for signs like straining when pooping or really hard poop to qualify him as being constipated. No need to start medicine or crazy home remedies if he's really not constipated.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 12:22 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• NEVER use any kind of Karo syrup!!!!! Karo is a botulism risk, which can be deadly in infants.

Why do you think your child is constipated? When baby went was it pellet like? If not your child is most likely not constipated. If baby is constipated try baby massage and a warm bath. I hope baby feels better soon!!!

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 12:29 AM on Dec. 25, 2010