Need a fun way to give money for Christmas to my kids

Don't wanna just give it to them in an envelope/ any game ideas or anything?

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 10:47 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• when we gave our kiddos money for their birthday we folded it into oragami, there is lots of sites with some pretty uncomplicated ideas, i thought it was neat!
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 10:59 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Put them in various places using clues and increase the number of dollar bills (1s, 5s, whatever you want) from 1 to 5 or 10.

Put a good sized package under the tree but it only has a clue in the box.

It will cook and get things done,
    Five minutes in it,
    Here you'll find ONE!

they open up the microwave and find one dollar bill or one five or one ten, etc

Here is something you like to do,
    You can play for hours,
    Here you'll find TWO!

(computer or some other thing they love lol - two dollar bills, two fives, etc.)
    Anonymous

• Thanks guys, Mamasusieq, what's the website, do you remember?
    JackieGirl007

Comment by JackieGirl007 (original poster) at 11:03 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• One year I gave my son 25.00. He was around 10 or 11. I got 25 one dollar bills, taped them in a long line and attached a couple of kleenex to the end and folded it up and put them in a kleenex box. He thought he was getting kleenex until we convinced him to pull some more. He was sooo excited and the expression on his face was priceless :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:28 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I've always wanted to do a money tree. Get a mini Xmas tree and tie bills to each branch.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:01 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I heard of someone who took part of a fence post (or a 4 x 4 would work too), cut the top off and drilled out the center. Then they filled it with money (I think they put a roll of loonies or toonies $1's or $2's coins) then screwed the top back on with a screw gun and gave them that with a manual screwdriver! Kept them busy and eventually they were happy. But it would depend on the age of the kids, it wouldn't work if they were too young.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:04 AM on Dec. 25, 2010