kinda personal but whatev

Why after an orgasm does my belly get really tight and hard? Sometimes it hurts. Is it dangerous? Is the baby in any danger? im 28 weeks and dammit! I need my orgasm lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Orgasms can cause some light contractions. They are harmless and good practice for your uterus. No worries -- unless your doctor tells you to discontinue sex due to high risk for preterm labor you're perfectly okay and it's very normal.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 11:38 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Hahaha ...I had the same thing...they are Braxton Hicks...
    Anonymous

• honestly; I am only 15 weeks and my orgasms actually cause my belly to spaz out it's really an odd feeling, like i got electrocuted ROFL; I suppose it is normal, but if it is truly painful to the point you are questioning it, I would certainly ask your OB. Good luck and congrats!
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 12:26 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• It's normal! Yes, the belly will get tight, because orgasm causes the uterus to contract. You may notice the baby will move less after, too, because he/she gets the endorphin rush you get. We used to joke about the "stoned baby."
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:30 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• they can make you feel anxious, I know. Sometimes I feel I should just lay off but I'm pretty sure denying myself the orgasm would be much WORSE for my mood and the baby then the contractions I get from having one..lol
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 7:43 AM on Nov. 10, 2008