Have you ever had a Fistula and do you know what would help not get them?

Darla47

Asked by Darla47 at 11:43 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Health

• Fistula as in leaking urine or feces? I just watched a video on that called A Walk To Beautiful. It's about Ethiopian women that have to travel for days to get treatment.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 11:45 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• http://www.ask.com/wiki/Fistula

Treatment, and prevention would really depend on where it is located, and for what reason the fistula occured in the first place. For the Ethiopian women it is mainly because they are small due to poor nutrition and babies can't pass through their pelvises. They baby gets stuck and dies and the woman is in labor for more than a week. It puts pressure on her bladder etc. and causes the tissue to die, therefore causing a fistula.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 11:57 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I've never had one personally, but just watched that Documentary about a week ago, so it's still fresh in my mind.
    badgirl44654