Anyone else have a baby like this?

My baby drooled for one week when he was 3 months old when he started teething but never again. He doesn't put anything in his mouth. He has 4 teeth. He also doesn't like baby food and is currently exclusively breastfeeding. (I have tried to give him many different kinds of foods including table foods). He also never wanted a pacifier. He is 11 months old. I don't think there is anyhing wrong with him, I'm just curious to know if anyone else has a baby like mine. Anyone? Or am I the only one?

Sorry about the choppy sentences. Ik typing on mobile.

MommyBird388

Asked by MommyBird388 at 11:45 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• he wnt eat food food yet and hes 11 months i find that a bit wierd but other then that yes my 20month old was that way. cut teeth with no problems hardly drooled never got fussy about it or anything and would never take a binkie. my first child how ever who is now 8 was fuzzy teether drolled all over the place and luved his binkie till he was nearly 2 and we just had to through them away. every child is different.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 11:52 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• when my first was born at 6months my son grab pork chop off the table stared eat it
    second child was born with teeth 4 big jaw breakers no breast feeding here
    3 child woudn't eat solids till he was two
    by time last two came along i was called old pro so it took three kids to mess up on lol
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 11:54 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• No. My son wasn't crazy about babyfood, especially the cereal that everyone recommends you start on. He hated it. So I started on homemade apple/pear sauce-- he loved it-- at 5 months. He continued to breastfeed primarily until he was about 8 months old. By then, it was probably 50/50-- and by the time he was 12 months, he got breastmilk occassionally-- about every other day. He actually weaned himself-- after a while, he was simply not interested. He's 15 months now, and he's occassionally wanted to nurse when he's very upset-- but that hasn't happened in about a month.

As for the pacifier-- my son wasn't interested until he was about 6 months old. He only uses it to go to sleep. Bad habit, i know, but I figure in teh greater scheme of things, it's not so bad.

Every baby is unique, and every baby has their own pace.

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:57 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• My son is 10 months, hates baby food, gags on most other food, but loves crackers. So he still nurses a lot and I keep offering him stuff. Sometimes he eats it up, some times not. He is 21 lbs so I am not worried about it!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:26 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• My son is 8months old and was diagnosed with failure to thrive at 6months because he wasnt gaining weight. We tried to feed him rice cereal at 5mo because the pediatritian was concerned he had not put on much weight since birth. I am NOT saying your child is like this...im just giving some background. My son would NOT eat any baby cereal or baby food either. He is also exclusively breastfed. We are just now getting him to eat table food...he skipped right over baby food. He is my 4th son and ive never experienced this before. He is eating things like mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, nilla waffers, bananas. Did you talk with your pediatritian about this? You may also consider getting him evaluated to see an Occupational Therapist....my son sees one and it has helped with his orral issues a great deal. Hope this helps.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 11:10 AM on Dec. 25, 2010