Is it normal not to desire sex after childbirth? adult content

It's been 3moths since I gave birth & I'm never in the "mood". I think I should be...considering I waited until marriage to be sexually active.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• It happens honey your hormones change your tired from taking care of a new baby. If you are truly worried about it contact your Obgyn and talk with them about it, but honestly it happens to most of us. After all who has time to think let alone have sex when your up all night with a baby then takin care of them durring the day to plus all the other stuff that has to get done. It will come back i promise.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 12:01 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• It's normal. Hormones, familial responsibilities, lack of sleep, etc. can all put a damper on your desire. You will want it again sometime I'm sure. But if you believe it is a big change for you personally from before I would consult your doctor, as post-partum depression, and depression can cause you to lose interest in things that you once enjoyed, such as a sex, intimacy, or something you liked before.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 12:00 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Totally normal. Your hormones are out of whack and it will take some time to get your desire back. There are some who take years to get it back. I think it took me about three years and my daughter just turned four.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:01 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• It can be normal, but it can also be a sign of post partum depression. Do you have any other symptoms of PPD? Are you breastfeeding? The lack of estrogen may also play into this. It's worth mentioning to your doctor, as it can be PPD. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:01 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I have a 13 year old, and after she was born I didn't have a desire to have sex for 2-3 months, but it can be different for everyone. Especially if labor and delivery were especially difficult for you or baby.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 12:02 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Not nf anymore. But really stressed & tired a lot. My PPD has gotten better. I was crying a lot at first.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:16 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Its definitely normal it took me 6months after my 1st child to even think about sex! After dealing with 9months of  pregnancy to childbirth, sleepless nights, dirty diapers etc..... I didn't want to think about slapping it, flipping it, bending over....sex was too much work I just wanted to sleep!!! sleep

honeychicks

Answer by honeychicks at 1:05 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• It's actually not normal, and it's probably not hormone-related either. It is most likely a symptom of vitamin and mineral deficiency brought on by pregnancy. More than 70% of post-childbirth women experience significant deficiencies in key vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids that are building blocks for neurotransmitters responsible for supporting healthy nervous system function and sex drive. Increasing food-based intake of zinc, B vitamins, calcium, magnesium, iron, vitamin C and Omega-3 and Omega-6 essential fatty acids will help in 4-6 weeks of consistent intake. Dark green leafy vegetables, strawberries, nuts, seeds, mangoes, molasses, sweet peppers, sweet potatoes, tuna, salmon, flaxseeds, citrus fruits, dark red or purple fruits and whole grains are good sources.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 1:29 AM on Dec. 25, 2010