How many stay-at- home moms are on cafemom?

I'm new at this stay home thing.....how did u adjust?

Kaye924

Asked by Kaye924 at 12:25 AM on Dec. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• It is tough. You go from working to not working. Most people think you just sit around all day and don't know how you can do it day after day. Working moms judge you because they feel guilty for working and you judge working moms for not staying with their kids. You will feel guilty for not contributing financially to the household. You don't get breaks most days, you feel like the non-mom part of you is gone. HOWEVER, your kids love hanging out with you every day. You get to see their every first. You get to teach them and see how excited they are when they write, all by themselves, the letter A. You get to take random trips to the park. You can get all of the household(ok, some) stuff done so on the weekend you and your hubby can spend quality family time together. It will be the only time that you can enjoy the pureness of your child before the rest of the world makes its mark on them. Make the most of it!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:43 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• ONe day at a time. Find a group on her that is for SAHM, that will help.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:50 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• oops. Should have been here not her.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:51 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I am, although I've always been a stay at home mom, so I didn't really have anything to adjust to except the kids themselves. The best advice I can give you after being at home for the last 9 years is to find things that YOU enjoy and make the effort to do them so you don't lose yourself in Kiddieland.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:34 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I had only worked for about 9 or 10 months anyway, so it really wasnt' that big of an adjustment for me. I just put all I can into spending time with my kid. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:31 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I've been a sahm for about 6yrs and I am still not used to it some advice I have for you is find time for yourself(I practice yoga) and look into a local moms club chapter if your children are young)I have met some really good friends that way),reading time at the library, hit up the local parks,and some places of worship have playgroups too
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 5:13 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• i wish i was a stay at home mom :(
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 12:16 PM on Dec. 26, 2010